Thursday, June 12, 2014

SeptumSin's Blue Ray & DVD update Blog 6/12/14

Hello again and welcome to the next in my lineup of DVD movie acquisitions. This one may be a slow update as I am just putting this together now for one film. I am going down my list and when I reach a good number up it goes :)

 All Quiet on the Western Front 5/25/14: This movie is one that I kept passing up and passing up for a long time. The main reason is I kept thinking that I actually owned this movie confusing it with other war movies that I owned that are academy award winners. I am very interested in seeing this World War One picture as it will give me some insight into the time and into the basics of that part of history. Let us hope that it did deserve the winnings and this is a good film.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor Lite Box 5/27/14: I admit that last time I got something from movie stop that prompted this buy from Amazon.com. I really am curious about this series and I am finally getting the chance to see it for the first time. Another Classic anime from the 90s and thus far what little I have watched prompts me to believe this will be very fun.
Lupin III The Hemingway Papers 6/3/14: I love Lupin the 3rd and yet again another is being released by Eastern Star. I really encourage people to keep supporting this as I want the to keep going with these releases the more that they get the more they are going to release and My hopes are up for the 2nd and 3rd season to be released.
Gargoyles Season 1 6/7/14: I finally decided to break down and get this series on DVD. Most of my friends loved this series and I would like to see this and for the price of $8 a volume this is well worth it. Though the second series that completes the story is not out I can have help.
 Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 1 6//7/14: I really am glad that this series is out as much as it is on DVD. Continued Disney release and continued enjoyment with the series.
Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 2: Bless Disney Movie Rewards for working on completing this things that disney had started yet decided "oh we can quit half way". I look forward to future releases completing such cartoons as Ducktales and Rescue Rangers.
Machete Kills 6/9/14: Who doesn't love a really bad action movie that makes fun of action movies? Machete Kills is one of those that I am really looking forward to seeing and after managing to get a copy for $5 I am hoping that this will be a great addition to my collection if it is anything like the first one.
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2 6/9/14: I have been wanting to see this for a long while. I am, however concerned about the lower quality look of the animation and am hoping that there is not a significant drop of quality with Mr. T and Bruce Campbell no longer being involved on the project. I can still hope for this to be a fun experience and will be watching this one quite soon.
Shakugan No Shana Season 1 6/12/14: Well we have the start of a fairly long series but i have been thinking of this one for a very long time. Funimation finally got some sense in them and now they are releasing SAVE editions of seasons 1-3. The original releases were overpriced (well not season 1) but the other two were divided in to 13 epsiodes blocks so you had to buy 5 sets at $40 a piece to get the three seasons and of course then you need to add the movie and OVA which would be another $40. These are a little under $20 a piece and each season is a full set. 3 Sets for $20 each vs. 5 sets $40 each....hmmm what will I go for. So now that they made it convenient and add the fact I was depressed that day and we have a new series for me to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment